Have you ever seen something online or on pinterest or wherever and said to yourself...I can do that!
If you're like me than you've done this a lot! And then all of a sudden, what have you gotten yourself into?!? Here's my current dilemma:
I saw this on pinterest. Great idea, right? All it takes is a board, two 2 brackets, a rod and, for me at least, 2 decorative ends to stop the bar from sliding around. What this very lovely picture doesn't tell you is that...
- You have to make sure you purchase your board at home depot or a place that will cut it for you, unless you happen to have the tools to cut an 8 foot board at home, which I don't
- You have to find a rod that's not a closet bar because those are much heavier and too thick
- You have to find 2 shelf brackets that you love and cut a hole through them in EXACTLY the same spot on both so that your bar won't be cat-e-wonky when you hang it
- And, oh, you have to prime it, paint it, than double coat it and if it's rainy season this takes a looooooong time.
- Because, yes, you have a life and are busy on most weekends and are trying to sneak in a coat here and there between everything else!
- And guess what? It's much more difficult to paint a rod than you would expect, cause it's round and the wind tends to blow it around and then you end up with grass and leaves stuck in the paint!