Saturday, May 21, 2016

Cutting Glass Bottles



I have always been intrigued about crafting using glass bottles.  The results look so cool, but it seems really difficult to actually cut the bottles in a usable way.  I did some research and found that this $17 device is the best way to do it (I got mine on Amazon). 





Diamond Tech Crafts G2 Bottle Cutter



It takes a second to put things together but once it is together, it works great!  You use this main device to score the bottles and then with a pot of boiling water and a tub of ice water, move the bottle (submerging the score line) from one pot to the next.  The quick temperature change turns the score mark into a nice clean cut.


After that all you need to do is sand down the edges.  Start with coarse sand paper and move to fine sandpaper.  Only a few minutes of sanding is enough.  I'll follow this post with others on the various projects I've used these bottles in!




No comments:

Post a Comment