Here's what I did:
- Purchase a plastic pedestal frame (mine was from Michael's) for $2.00.
- Choose the acrylic paint color that I wanted it to be (paint is anywhere from $1.50 to $4.00 a bottle), with a foam brush paint the white frame. Foam brushes work better for this so you don't get brush marks.
- Seal your paint with a clear coat of some kind.
- Cut a piece of screen to the correct size, paint it a color of your choice (optional).
- Use an exact-o knife to cut out the inside of the clear, plastic pieces that came with the holder to protect the photo.
- Staple the 'frames' you've created with the exact-o knife to either side of the screen. This will support the screen so that the weight of the earrings doesn't make the screen sag in the frame.
- Put year screen into the frame and put your earrings on it.