Saturday, July 2, 2016

A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet





As a librarian I sometimes receive advanced readers copies of books, to write reviews on and with the hope that I'll purchase copies for my library.  One of the more recent books I received was A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet.  Since I get a lot of ARCs, I don't also approach reading them with the best attitude.  They're often short, simple and not much to dwell on, this one COMPLETELY surprised me!  I loved it so much!

Cat is a mysterious figure that is protecting herself, her secret and everyone else that she lets into her life.  She is discovered by Griffin, the strong and powerful leader that has recently overthrown the royal family that's been in power for ever.  In a world were those with magic and power have ruled for as long as can be remembered, Griffin thinks he's discovered in Cat the secret to keeping his family in power during this time of turmoil.  But there's a lot more than meets the eye with her.  Kidnapping her may prove to help the realm but also may bring war to them all.

I loved reading this book and seriously hope that there will be more to the series.  I believe that there has to be at this point because although some things were resolved and there was a happy ending, there's still so much more that has to be dealt with.  Looking forward to them all, but dreading what will probably be a long wait for them to be published.  A Promise of Fire will be available in August 2016.

1 comment: