I have a dog that I love a lot, but she is the slobbery-est eater ever! If you're like me and don't always have the time to clean the floor after every meal, than that slobbery drys into the grossest goo. After dealing with this for many years, I decided to use some of the scrap wood at my house to try my hand at making a raised food try for her, maybe it would cut down on the amount of slobber and water all over my floors.
What you need:
- piece of plywood or whatever slightly larger than the dimensions of your food mat
- Stair balusters or spindles
- decorative trim of your choice
- stain or paint of your choice
- Tools: power drill, saw, hammer
With wood putty, I filled in the nail and screw holes. I also found a bunch of water shield stain when I bought my house, I used a combination of 2 of the stain colors to finish off my creation. I think it turned out pretty good, and since I had everything but the trim I spent a grand total of about $6 (with trim left over for my next project)!