Saturday, September 17, 2016

Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet (Book 2 of the Kingmakers trilogy)

I loved the first book in this series, A Promise of Fire, and was waiting with bated breathe for this one!  I am so glad that as a librarian I am eligible to read advanced readers copies of books! 

Amanda Bouchet is a new author that continues to prove herself an excellent writer (this is only her second novel).  This story starts right where A Promise of Fire leaves us.  You are captured by the chaos and emotions of the first interactions between Cat and Griffin in the first few paragraphs.

Watching as Catalia learns to accept that her secret is out, that she now has family to protect and she must come to terms with her destiny is a wonderful, crazy ride.  And if Griffin has anything to say about it, people to protect and nations to seize control from the corrupt. I was able to guess one of the subtle, secrets within this novel but was surprised at every turns with the new creatures to battle and powers people had.  I seriously love that the mythology aspects had a bigger presence in this novel too!

Overall an excellent novel!  One I'm exceedingly glad I didn't have to wait until it's release date in January 2017 to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment