Saturday, October 29, 2016

Review: Burning Bright by Melissa McShane

Burning Bright Burning Bright by Melissa McShane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was extraordinarily surprised by how much I ended up liking this book. The concept of certain abilities being common place and having a sort of 'ranking' system for them was pretty fun to read about. I also really loved the interaction of an unattached female during this time period as well as a female in the Navy and on ships during this period. It seemed really accurate from what I know about history and it was fun to read about.

I really love the relationship between Elinor and Miles. They started out very rocky and moved from that to a nice friendship. This was also a romance novel of old, by that I mean none of the explicit descriptions that are common in many romance stories today. You barely even get a kiss out of the couple but I never once missed it. Overall an excellent story and I will happily continue reading this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment