Saturday, October 22, 2016

Review: Ria's Visions by Laura Jo Phillips

Ria's Visions Ria's Visions by Laura Jo Phillips
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a big fan of this series! I love Laura Jo Phillips characters and the worlds that she has built. I am continuously surprised that she can give us such unique couples without repeating dynamics of previous characters. I will admit that I had some reservations going into the reading of this book. The previous novel about Vari was so good and her character's problems were so unique that I couldn't picture what we knew about Ria from that story into a character that I would be able to fall in love with.

But she was. Ria has such a different perspective, being the middle daughter when her older and younger sisters needed so much more attention from their parents. Her first 'meeting' of her Rami was also so extremely emotionally traumatizing that it was amazing she was still willing to let them near her. I did absolutely LOVE that Ms. Phillips brought a Brun back into the stories. What could be better than a sentient wolf and her cubs. So cute! And her [sentient wolf, Star] interaction and relationship with Ria was so strong and necessary to Ria's growth as a person that it was a great read.

I am still sucked into these stories and have the feeling of wanting to go back and re-read all the past stories after each one. I have no idea how Ms. Phillips is going to present a new heroine, which I am assuming will be the youngest sister, and still keep the plotline of the Doftle moving forward since that particular sister is not on the two year trip that our characters are currently on, but I am seriously looking forward to finding out!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment