Saturday, December 10, 2016

Review: Masquerade Menage

Masquerade Menage Masquerade Menage by Trinity Blacio
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoy reading books by Trinity Blacio but I have to say that the longer she's been writing the worse her editing and grammar becomes. I don't know if it's because she's producing so many titles so close together or what but the first books of hers that I read were the first three books of the Running in Fear series. THEY WERE PHENOMENAL!!! Emotional, character rich, plot strong and all around good. But everything that I've read after those first three get worse and worse in the details and grammar.

Ms. Blacio does an excellent job of building her worlds and her characters. Every book of hers is a menage story with relationships that are believable. But every book in the past two or three years the details make less and less sense until you get to the love scenes. Then they are back to being detailed. It's like she's rushing through everything else to get to the sex. So characters to from being throw stuff mad to all out weeping at the drop of a hat. There's no emotional build up and growth it's just a hormonal jump from one thing to the next. There's also weird illogical timing throughout. Characters are in the middle of a conversion that would only take about 20 minutes but the passage of time around them is hours. A character leaves the room and by the time one still inside the room walks to the window, the person who just left has had time to go to their room, change they clothes and make it outside to the swimming pool. Weird. And this doesn't even cover all of the grammatical errors.

After all this though, I do keep coming back to read her books. She builds great worlds and has strong female characters that are independent but still love their men. I also enjoy the kinky sex too! I do seriously recommend Running in Fear: Escaped, Abandoned, and Coming Home though. I don't remember nearly as many problems in those three books and they are really good!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment