Saturday, January 28, 2017

Review: Hard to Handle by Christine Warren

Hard to Handle Hard to Handle by Christine Warren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was excited to see that another Christine Warren novel was out! But after starting this novel I realized that the reason it feels like it's been so long since I've read one of her novels is because I've missed the last two books in this series! It was a bit of a shock, but that didn't take away from the suspense or fun in this book.

I really liked the turn around that the Guardian is a never before seen female Guardian. And that she was inexplicably called forth as a female because her Warden and mate were one and the same. Even if he didn't know he was a Warden in the first place. I really liked Michael (Drum)'s character. It was great to see this from the male perspective. Not only that but even though he's a male of power and his family has abilities he's almost a skeptic on top of that. It was fun. Until he starts shooting electricity he is of the 'leave me out of it' mentality.

I wasn't as big of a fan of Ash, but I think it was because I'm used to the Guardian being male and I liked Michael so much that it made it harder to get behind Ash. She also had some weird mental quirks based on how she interpreted the knowledge/memories that she had that threw me off.

All in all, a decent book that makes me want to go back and read the ones I've missed. Kylie and Dag's book sounds like it was super good!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment