Saturday, January 7, 2017

Review: Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

Silence Fallen Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a huge fan of Patricia Briggs, really enjoy her Mercy Thompson series and lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of this. I am also privileged enough to be a librarian and qualify for access to ARC copies of many of my favorites books and authors. I read this book so fast it was amazing! I had been seriously looking forward to it and had been stalking Ms. Briggs' website for teasers. So I knew going in that Mercy gets kidnapped and somehow cut off from her metaphysical connections to everyone.

This did confuse me at first because how is that even possible? Turns out it is, and the explanation made sense. I also really enjoyed seeing the world that Patricia Briggs created from a much different perspective. Europe is VERY differently run from the United States since there is no Marrok controlling the packs and there are a lot more 'older' beings around. Vampire being just one type. The deep history of the places Mercy finds herself in where fun to hear about and have her interact with. It was also really cool for me because I have actually vacationed in Prague, and so was familiar with some of the locations that Mercy passed through.

Without giving away too much...Mercy keeps up her usual shenanigans of ending up in some type of peril that she did not start but once she gets involved actively things always get more complicated and spiral out of control. Many of our favorite characters make an appearance although except for the beginning not a lot of it is Mercy's pack. Plus there are plenty of new characters and some history of familiar characters that we get hints of as well. All in all an EXCELLENT addition to the Mercy Thompson series! Don't you love it when they're action packed, character rich, and hard to put down!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment