Saturday, February 25, 2017

Review: Growing the Southeast Garden

Growing the Southeast Garden Growing the Southeast Garden by Mark Weathington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel! I am in the process of creating a garden from scratch at a new house. The only thing there previously are weird bushes planted in strange places and a bunch of wisteria vine that has chocked out everything else that might have grown. Let me say that I never knew how invasive wisteria vines are!!! It has taken a year to clear away the rubbish and I'm now ready to plant when Spring arrives.

This book is broken into the type of plant and has a very clear symbol guide on the various categories gardeners need: shade, full sun, partial sun, around trees, etc. I enjoyed being able to look into the bush section and fining very easily the bushes that I can plant in shade areas and also know how big they might grow, how far to plant them from other things and more. I can also look up specific plants and flowers and find out similar relevant information to see if it would work with what I already have planned. This is an excellent book to have electronically so that I can access it from my phone while out shopping for the various plants needed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment