Saturday, February 11, 2017

Review: Wake A Sleeping Tiger

Wake A Sleeping Tiger Wake A Sleeping Tiger by Lora Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am a big fan of Lora Leigh and really enjoy her Breed novels. I read everything she writes so I don't always read the descriptions before I pick them up. Based on the title I was surprised to find that this was one of the Breed series novels. She has a habit of using particular types of titles for her different series and this title was irregular for the Breed series. But that was the only thing that was slightly off about it!!

An imagination inspiring addition to the series. We get another look at rare Bengal Breeds with twins Cullen and Graeme. Although I don't think I've read about Graeme and Cat's story previously, they have a prominent role in this novel as an already existing mates pair. It was also fun to see the secretive Native American society in Window Rock that's been harboring and protecting Breeds for years. We've gotten hints of them in previous novels but this was the first one I've read where the couple were both immersed in that society.

Chelsea is a wonderfully strong woman who has been fighting to become the woman she wants to be her entire overprotected life. She is strong and capable but surrounded by crazy, overprotective family and friends. Her childhood crush being one of them. Her history with Cullen was great and added depth to their interactions. The duel villains is a common theme in Ms. Leigh's novels but she does it so well. One of them, this time, I didn't even suspect until the characters themselves started to see it. Well done!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment