Saturday, April 22, 2017

Review: My Sugar Daddy by Trinity Blacio

My Sugar Daddy My Sugar Daddy by Trinity Blacio
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the most well-written of Trinity Blacio's books since the Running in Fear novels!! Ms. Blacio has had a tendency in the past few years to REALLY rush through her character development. Heroines would go from being enraged to weeping buckets of tears in 10 seconds. And the whole story would take place in a day and a half of the character's lives with all the twists and turns and disasters packed into unrealistic time and space.

This is the first book of her that I've read in a long time that was back to her original quality! Characters were well-rounded and had individual personalities with quirks that made sense and emotional responses that were explained, logical and timely reactions. Laura was an excellent character that had overcome much through her life, including the jackass father to her child. She goes looking for a Sugar Daddy and ends up stepping into something unexpected. Readers still get the crazy, end of the way of life scenarios that Ms. Blacio likes to write about but the reasoning behind this one made some sense. Time passed during the book like you would hope for so that these catastrophic events weren't piled into an unrealistic few days.

Villains do tend to have an inordinate amount of coordination and strength but it is countered by the good guys just enough. It was a bit unrealistic that this family would have actually built such a massive underground safe-haven but I guess if you have some foreshadowing ability in the family it might be believable. It did make for interesting times though. A good enough read that although I received this novel as an ARC from Netgalley, I went and purchased book two in the series myself!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment